TLIC3003 Drive medium rigid vehicle
This course is designed for individuals who are looking to apply for a Medium Rigid (MR) licence class. The course is delivered consistent with the National Unit of Competency. Assessments are conducted with the Department of Transport of WA, and are to the licence standard.
During training and assessment you will cover the following core areas
- Conducting pre-start vehicle checks
- Correct, safe and efficient driving techniques (manoeuvring, reversing, power management, braking and positioning the vehicle)
- Low risk driving behaviours
- Managing emergencies and hazardous situations
- Trip planning
What you can drive
Medium rigid vehicles are defined as a motor vehicle that has 2 axles and a gross vehicle mass greater than 8,000 kg.
If you are authorised to drive MR class vehicles you may drive any:
- Motor vehicle, other than a motorcycle or motor carrier, that has 2 axles and a GVM exceeding 8,000 kg.
- Light Rigid (LR class) vehicle.
- Car (C class) vehicle.
- Moped (R-N class).
- A Medium Rigid (MR class) motor vehicle may be used to tow one trailer (not a semi-trailer) that has a GVM not exceeding 9,000 kg, and no other trailer.
Licence conditions – Medium Rigid
- Condition B: Training and assessment is conducted with the Synchromesh (single clutch) gearbox. Drivers are restricted to vehicles with either Automatic or Synchromesh Gearboxes.
To be eligible to apply for a MR class licence, you must have one of the following Western Australian licence classes:
- A Car (C class) licence, (except a learner licence) or equivalent for one year minimum. Any time that you have spent on a P1 licence counts, but you can’t practice to drive an MR vehicle, or upgrade to an MR licence until you hold a P2 or full C class licence.
For more information regarding this class of licence:
To book or find out more contact one of the friendly team at Keens, information required at time of booking include:
Drivers licence number, date of birth and expiry date.
Ability to pay course deposit (required to secure bookings).
USI number (to find out more click here).
Be able to read and write basic English
Minimum 18 years of age
Provide two forms of identification
You will be required to supply Keens Truck Driver Training Bunbury with your Unique Student Identifier, in order for it to be verified prior to issuance of your Statement of Attainment.
Medium Rigid Course Costings
MR-B 1 hour lesson (Synchromesh) $140.00 (fully payable upon booking)
1/2 Day MR ($700.00 (Deposit of $350.00)
This course consists of 4 hours of one-on-one driver training, followed by a Test at the end in town with a Department of Transport Assessor.
Training is done in a Keens Truck, as pictured.
It is a 2005 ISUZU MR NQR450, with a Synchromesh Gearbox.
Please note: That a strict ( 7 ) Seven Day Cancellation Policy applies to all bookings.
If you would like to Cancel, Change or Reschedule a Booking Keen’s Driver Training Bunbury require
a minimum of seven (7) days’ notice. If you fail to provide seven (7) days’ notice your deposit is non-refundable.
Keen’s Driver Training Bunbury charge a $80.00 Administration Fee. The fee is included in the Course Fee and is non-refundable.
More details on our services terms, conditions and policies are available from our website on the download’s page.
All prices are correct as from 09/06/2023, and are subject to change without notice.